- WHAT INFORMATION DOES TOYS"R"US COLLECT?
- HOW DOES TOYS"R"US USE AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
- WHAT ARE MY CHOICES REGARDING HOW MY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND USED?
- WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DOES TOYS"R"US USE THEM?
- HOW CAN I UPDATE OR CHANGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- LINKED SITES OR ONLINE SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT TOYS"R"US
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Online at Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, Toyrusinc.com and any other websites operated by Toys"R"Us (the "Toys"R"Us Sites");
- When you call, e-mail or otherwise communicate with Toys"R"Us;
- Through or in connection with apps or software sponsored by Toys"R"Us;
- On portions of other websites hosted or sponsored by Toys"R"Us;
- When you or your child use the Tabeo tablet;
- In any games or promotions sponsored by Toys"R"Us; and
- At Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us retail stores in the United States (the "Retail Stores").
2. What information does Toys"R"Us collect?
Information You Give Us.
Toys"R"Us may collect any information (such as first and last name, credit card number, address, e-mail address and telephone number) that you provide when you interact with Toys"R"Us. Some examples are when you:
- Make an online or in-store purchase;
- Create or edit your Registries and Wish Lists;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion;
- Download an application;
- Participate in a game or other promotion on a Toys"R"Us Site or at one of our partner's websites;
- Fill out a survey or questionnaire;
- Sign up for our rewards program or other program or club;
- Engage with Toys"R"Us content through third-party social networking sites;
- Purchase a product as a result of visiting a Toys"R"Us Site, such as through our partner i-Parcel;
- Set up the parental controls for the Tabeo tablet; or
- Contact a Toys"R"Us customer service representative.
Automatic Information Collection.
Each time you visit a Toys"R"Us Site or the websites of any of our partners or use any of our mobile apps, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- We may record your internet service provider's address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
- We may collect a record of your activity or your "clickstream" while visiting Toys"R"Us Sites;
- We may use "cookies" of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer's hard drive for use in subsequent visits to Toys"R"Us Sites or other sites; and
- We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on the Toys"R"Us Sites or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users; and
- We may collect any information you enter, share or that can be obtained from your use of our apps, games, contests, or promotions.
You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information. For more information, including how you can opt out, click here: About Toys"R"Us Advertising
We operate cameras in our Retail Stores for security and operational purposes. Except for security and loss-prevention purposes, we do not use these cameras to identify you personally.
Information you provide at our Retail Stores may be combined with information that you provide online at Toys"R"Us Sites, as well as with information about your product interests and purchases we collect automatically. The information you provide to Toys"R"Us may also be combined with demographic and other information that is available from other sources in order to allow Toys"R"Us to better communicate with you and enhance our customer service and your shopping experience.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Toys"R"Us and the Toys"R"Us Sites do not recognize DNT.
3. How does Toys"R"Us use and share personal information?
Using Your Personal Information
Your personal information is used by Toys"R"Us and others to enhance your customer relationship, respond to your requests, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings and events or programs offered by Toys"R"Us or our marketing partners that may be of interest to you. We participate in interest-based advertising and we or others may use information about you to deliver to you or allow you to see certain advertising based on your interests, searches you perform, information you provide, or your activity on Toys"R"Us Sites or other websites.
Toys"R"Us may also use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of Toys"R"Us to communicate with you and to support business functions such as fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
Sharing Your Personal Information
With Third Parties: Toys"R"Us may share your personal information with third parties, including as set forth below.
With our Service Providers: Toys"R"Us may share your personal information with service providers. Some examples of things service providers may do that may involve your personal information are:
- Authorization of credit card and check transactions, order fulfillment, sweepstakes and contests, our rewards program, and cobranded or joint product and service promotions.
- Developing, hosting or maintaining the Toys"R"Us Sites on behalf of Toys"R"Us.
- Warehousing product, personalizing product and performing order fulfillment and shipping services on behalf of Toys"R"Us or on your behalf and at your request.
- Aggregating customer information and/or improving customer service. We may then share such aggregated information with prospective marketing partners and advertisers.
In Connection with Business Transfers: In the event that a store, division or part or all of Toys"R"Us (or the assets of a Toys"R"Us entity) is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, customer information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
To Comply with Laws: Toys"R"Us may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and customers, Toys"R"Us employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
On Registries and Wish Lists: Registries and Wish Lists are made available for viewing by others. If you create your Registry or Wish List and elect to make it available online, your information will be accessible at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com and may be available at other sites as well. If you create your Registry or Wish List at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com, your Registry information may also be accessible at the Retail Stores.
4. How is my personal information protected?
Toys"R"Us uses industry-standard security techniques on the Toys"R"Us Sites to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you at the Toys"R"Us Sites. When you access your account information or transmit personally identifiable data to the Toys"R"Us Sites, that information is stored on servers that the Toys"R"Us Sites have attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. "Secure Socket Layer" software encrypts personal information you transmit to the Toys"R"Us Sites. Toys"R"Us cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it might be from Toys"R"Us asking for your personal information, do not respond. Toys"R"Us would not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
5. What are my choices regarding how my personal information is collected and used?
Communications from Toys"R"Us. From time to time you may receive communications including mailings, telephone calls or e-mails from Toys"R"Us with information on products or services, discounts, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers from Toys"R"Us or its marketing partners. You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the e-mail received or click here to unsubscribe from future e-mails. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law. You may opt out of receiving text messages or SMS communications by texting STOP or STOP ALL to the shortcode you are subscribed to (72229 or 78697). You may opt out of receiving mailings or telephone calls by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787) or 1-888-BABYRUS (1-888-222-9787) and asking for a customer service representative who will instruct you on how you may opt out of receiving such communications. Please note that if you request that your name be removed from a Toys"R"Us mailing list, your name will be removed from all of the mailing lists maintained by Toys"R"Us. In addition, your personal information may be retained in the database for recordkeeping purposes and for internal research and analysis.
Interest-based advertising. We participate in interest-based or behavioral advertising. This means that you may receive communications, special promotions, and see advertising on Toys"R"Us Sites or other websites tailored to how you browse or shop on Toys"R"Us Sites or other websites. You may also see advertising for Toys"R"Us on other advertising on other websites based on your particular interests and online activity on Toys"R"Us Sites or other websites. You have the choice to tell us not to collect and use this information. Learn more about this kind of advertising and how you can opt out by clicking here: About "R"Us Advertising
6. What are cookies and how does Toys"R"Us use them?
The Toys"R"Us Sites use "cookies," which are small pieces of information stored by your browser or other application on your computer's browser or hard drive. The cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches, preferences and product purchases both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on Toys"R"Us and/or other websites. (Some examples of this data include your account preferences, items added to your cart, user specific information on pages accessed, searched terms or addresses entered, and previous visits to the site.) The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you.
We or our partners may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you to your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games and perform surveys. They help us improve our sites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other sites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. Click here to learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
7. How can I update or change my personal information?
You may update or change your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787) or 1-888-BABYRUS (1-888-222-9787) and asking for a customer service representative, who will instruct you on how to update or change your personal information. To change your shipping or billing information for Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com orders, log on, select "My Account" and make the appropriate changes.
The Toys"R"Us Sites, including the Tabeo tablet, do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If Toys"R"Us learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, it will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787) or 1-888-BABYRUS (1-888-222-9787).
We encourage you to actively use the parental control features of Tabeo to monitor and control your child's use of Tabeo, including which apps they have access to. You should make sure you keep your parental password safe and not give it to your child. If you change your mind about an app and want to opt-out of allowing an app to collect information, you can block the app at any time through use of the parental controls feature of Tabeo. In those circumstances you may also want to contact the developer to ask them to not use and/or delete prior information collected regarding your child.
For additional tips on how to help children stay safe on the Internet, we recommend that you visit the following sites:
9. Linked Sites or Online Services
10. How to contact Toys"R"Us
12. Your California Privacy Rights
- We share information with others as more fully set forth above in How does Toys"R"Us use and share personal information?
- We share your information with other parts of our business and with our service providers. See above: How does Toys"R"Us use and share personal information?
You may contact us with any questions, or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose. See above: How to contact Toys"R"Us
About Toys"R"Us Advertising
Toys"R"Us may participate in interest-based advertising. Toys"R"Us may automatically collect information regarding how you browse websites, use apps, play games, and shop in order to enhance your customer experience, improve our customer service, and provide you with communications and promotions from us or others. The goal of interest-based advertising is for Toys"R"Us or its advertising partners to show you ads that are more relevant to your interests.
1. You can choose to tell us not to collect this information and not to provide you with interest-based advertising. Note that if you choose to opt out, you may continue to see ads on Toys"R"Us websites and receive communications from Toys"R"Us, but they will not be based on how you browse and shop. To opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser. A "cookie" is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer's hard drive. Toys"R"Us or its service providers send cookies when you surf our sites or sites where our ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for certain services. The "Help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to enable or disable cookies.
- Opting out only applies to your current web browser on your current computer. If you use multiple computers or multiple web browsers, you must opt out using each one.
- Once you opt out, if you delete your browser's saved cookies, you will need to opt out again.
3. Some websites may belong to ad networks that use browsing history across various websites to choose which ads to display on their sites; the displayed ads may include advertising for Toys"R"Us. To learn more and opt out of seeing interest-based ads on those websites, you should visit the National Advertising Initiative home page: http://www.networkadvertising.org. Websites may also offer their own opt-out methods for such advertising.